- Feeling of sadness
- Loss in interest
- Thoughts of death or suicide
There are many more symptoms, but here are some reasons why college students get depressed.
- Stress from classes, work, friends, and expectations from parents
- Homesickness from leaving your family for the first time
- Eating disorders
- Alcohol and Drug abuse
There are more reasons why students get depressed. If you ever feel depressed or know some one who is depressed here are some things you should do.
- Tell someone if you feel depressed. It will make you feel better.
- If you know someone depressed tell someone, you could save their life.
- If you think you are going to kill yourself get help immediaty. It is your life control it.
- If your friend tells you not to tell anyone, tell someone. They will be mad at you, but they will get over it.
I helped my friend through her depression; and she thanks me every time it comes up. Helping her was the best thing I have ever done in my life.